Iowa phez vs SD

hyresmack

So Iowa shot 300k pheasants last year. Seen 1 guy said they shot over 1/2 million.lol What's that to get all pumped up about? Sodak shot like 4 times as much & that's a bad year! Don't even include preserve operations.

Caveat emptor

SD GFP is in the business of license sales. I would not be too quick to believe the numbers that are being put out to attract $.

A5 sweet 16, uses South Dakota numbers also from time to time. Some believe them to be correct.

Last edited:
Just go to the states website. They give the bad numbers right along with the good. Guessing all states are in business to sell licenses dont you think? 🤪

I don't need to go anywhere. I can step out my back door and tell you the numbers are not as rosy as their reports portray. SD is a fraction of what it was 15 years ago.

Perhaps all states are interested in license sales. However, SD Game, Fish, and Pimp Department takes it to a new level.

I don't need to go anywhere. I can step out my back door and tell you the numbers are not as rosy as their reports portray. SD is a fraction of what it was 15 years ago.

Perhaps all states are interested in license sales. However, SD Game, Fish, and Pimp Department takes it to a new level.
Must not have shot many last year. lol

Lol ok. I guarantee you no man here who also has a full time job shot more wild roosters than me last year.

Not bragging. Simply providing a point of reference, lib.

"...a point of reference..." have a quantifiable number?
When your buddy says it, he's"referring" to you.... when you say it.....meh.

Oh no, thank goodness I am not seeking hunting partners, lol

I think its safe to say that neither state is as good as it once was.

I currently don't hunt either state and haven't in years so I can't comment on how good or bad the hunting, or how much hunting pressure there is.

If I had to choose one, I would probably favor Iowa to be honest. I can buy a license and go as many times as I want to during the open season. South Dakota has limitations to their non-resident license.

If the harvest numbers are not accurate in either state, who cares lol. As previously stated, it likely does not differentiate between pen-released birds and wild birds either. And we all know that pen birds should not be counted in the harvest total anyways.

So Iowa shot 300k pheasants last year. Seen 1 guy said they shot over 1/2 million.lol What's that to get all pumped up about? Sodak shot like 4 times as much & that's a bad year! Don't even include preserve operations.
Sorry, I got distracted with the last post. Well, in Iowa, it feels like there are about 8 fellas hunting. We don't have much public, and I hunt almost only private ground almost every saturday & sunday and we seldom see other hunters, I know we have other hunters, but we must all have different ground to hunt. Private habitat holds plenty of birds but can be difficult to get permission for most. If I didn't live and grow-up here in Iowa, I wouldn't know of the spots I do or the families that own the ground....so I wouldn't come here to try to hunt roosters. The locals that hunt, do well....but not as well as some. Back to that...don't say you shot all 300k in Iowa or I will call BS on that! Sorry, hard to leave that alone.

Back