Iowa Birds

Fritter

Good Morning All,

Heading out in the morning to look for the iowa birds. Any help on which direction i should head. The area that i normally go is bad.

Help.... Help...

Fritter

You're kind of out of pheasant country down in that neck of the woods as far as I know. I've hunted north central and north western iowa for 10 years and always had decent success but its quite a trek for you.

I have in laws that live in Sibley Iowa... I don't mind traveling as long as I'am going in the right direction. Any help would be awsome.

I think some guys are having luck in that area. What about it P-Addict

Saturday update

Good morning all,

Well i went out yesterday morning with high hopes of seeing some of my ring neck buddies. We started out north east of Red Oak, IA with very little luck. We seen two hens and one lonely rooster. We headed back to the Pacific Junction area. We walked two fields and only seen two hens and both busted way out of range. I'm going to try and head up north around the holiday season.

Sibley area should be good if you have some private ground to hunt. If not, head up north more for the public ground. You will need a good dog and cover ground but you should at least see roosters.

I don't think that I have ever been to them. We always head to the east to a area that we have had a lot of luck until the last couple of years. I will check them out. Thanks for the help.

Back