Introductions

Dead Eye Dave

Hello forum, I grew up in Michigan learning to hunt pheasant with friends in the 70’s. I moved to California in the early 80’s, bought my first Brittany, hunted pheasant in the north-central valley and mountain quail in the Sierras. Mid 80’s moved to St. Louis for graduate school and hunted mostly quail with classmates and some pheasant in northern Missouri and central Illinois. Then moved to Seattle in the late 80’s for further training and mostly because you could shoot 3 pheasant per day, 2 species of quail, 5 species of grouse, and Chukar and Huns in the southeast part of the state. Then hop down to eastern Oregon where you could shoot 5 pheasant per day. Then reality set in. Jobs, kids, etc. Oh well, dream big, live small. 6 dogs later, retired in Spokane, hunting E & SE WA, N ID, E MT, we’ve had some fun, made some memories and good friends, rounding third, heading for home. Time for at least one more good dog and some memories to ponder while laying on the final resting place. It’s fun to read all the questions and stories of like-minded people afflicted by the same crazy disease that makes me prefer walking behind my dog than saving lives or spending time with family. Here’s to you all, Cheers!

Hello forum, I grew up in Michigan learning to hunt pheasant with friends in the 70’s. I moved to California in the early 80’s, bought my first Brittany, hunted pheasant in the north-central valley and mountain quail in the Sierras. Mid 80’s moved to St. Louis for graduate school and hunted mostly quail with classmates and some pheasant in northern Missouri and central Illinois. Then moved to Seattle in the late 80’s for further training and mostly because you could shoot 3 pheasant per day, 2 species of quail, 5 species of grouse, and Chukar and Huns in the southeast part of the state. Then hop down to eastern Oregon where you could shoot 5 pheasant per day. Then reality set in. Jobs, kids, etc. Oh well, dream big, live small. 6 dogs later, retired in Spokane, hunting E & SE WA, N ID, E MT, we’ve had some fun, made some memories and good friends, rounding third, heading for home. Time for at least one more good dog and some memories to ponder while laying on the final resting place. It’s fun to read all the questions and stories of like-minded people afflicted by the same crazy disease that makes me prefer walking behind my dog than saving lives or spending time with family. Here’s to you all, Cheers!
"... rounding third, heading for home" -- Yea that fits. Welcome.

Back