Interesting thoughts

As a kid I started off with a single shot 20, once it got a little older my dad gave me a old JC Higgins 12ga pump, once I got a good job and could afford to buy my first nice gun I bought a Maxus 12. Now all I shoot are my A400's in 20 & 28. I love the weight of the sub gauge guns and the fact that there is no recoil. I also have no problem killing birds with either 20 or 28 all season I just change chokes for the month of Dec and I shoot all non-toxic either Boss or Hexi-x and both work great.

I don't think it's the loads especially for wives and children. The weight, fit and recoil of a12ga. may not be suitable for smaller people. I started with a .410 Stevens double on rabbits when I was 8. That would have been 1960. I now have 2 Maxus, they fit me well and I shoot them well. I also use HV Shells,1 1/4 or 1 3/8 for waterfowl and pheasant. The recoil doesn't bother me as these gas operated guns are pretty soft shooters.

As a kid I started off with a single shot 20, once it got a little older my dad gave me a old JC Higgins 12ga pump, once I got a good job and could afford to buy my first nice gun I bought a Maxus 12.
That's how I started too. First it was a single shot 20 gauge. When I turned 18, I bought my own 12 gauge Remington pump shotgun, which I used for about 5 or 6 years. Once I got a real job and entered the work force, I could afford a better shotgun than that heavy Remington so I bought a Benelli.

If I could afford a Benelli when I was 18, I would have bought that. Not a reality at that age unless someone buys it for you though.

Back