Indiana Pheasant Hunt

I believe it is for anyone who buys a license. I have been putting in for that draw for over 20yrs and never been selected.

I have however had the chance to hunt next door to a few of these properties and we always find birds. Best is right after the lucky politicians/law enforcement hunt them with their cronies and flush them out to us!

Last year we hunted a small creek that flowed out of one (maybe a 1/3rd mile ling and kicked up close to 20 birds out of it.

Also had the chance to hunt one of these properties last year with a friend who was drawn. The guys in the area that I know all said it was the worst property of all of them in Benton County. I think it was the Jefvert Property. They said few birds but lots of deer. It looked great to me but we kicked up 4 birds and 9 deer and one rabbit. That was a disappointment.

Funny AtTheMurph, I was berated on another forum a few years back for suggesting the Indiana draw is not above board (lucky politicians/law enforcement) I remain suspicious.

They can jump me all they want.......I've seen it first hand at the draw hunts at the local state properties......there was a guy from Kentland that I hunted with on his private ground every opening day.........for 10 years in a row he left our hunt early because he had a draw hunt...Vegas wouldn't touch those odds.......I firmly believe that the fix is on when it comes to the draws in Indiana

They can jump me all they want.......I've seen it first hand at the draw hunts at the local state properties......there was a guy from Kentland that I hunted with on his private ground every opening day.........for 10 years in a row he left our hunt early because he had a draw hunt...Vegas wouldn't touch those odds.......I firmly believe that the fix is on when it comes to the draws in Indiana

I can almost guarantee it, although it will always be denied. They give a few pikers a chance every year to keep us quiet and provide cover but I've stopped and talked to guy every year that have been drawn and act nice, talk to them, ask a few questions and it seems like there is always a connection, county commissioner, state police, big money guys (figure they're donors to the right people)...

I can almost guarantee it, although it will always be denied. They give a few pikers a chance every year to keep us quiet and provide cover but I've stopped and talked to guy every year that have been drawn and act nice, talk to them, ask a few questions and it seems like there is always a connection, county commissioner, state police, big money guys (figure they're donors to the right people)...

Disturbing!

It is disturbing....Imagine going to a state property for a draw...every year for 7 years.....supposed to be a blind draw.....every year the property manager from one of the other hunting areas is drawn in the top 3.....EVERY YEAR........It's not just relegated to upland.....Got a duck draw on one of the properties....I was supposed to have 2nd choice of blinds.....got there early only to see the map had 4 blinds were already "X" out in red.....I asked why these were taken already if I have 2nd pick.....I was told..."you either want to hunt or you don't".......We have no recourse....nobody is going to listen....the Good ole' Boy club is alive and thriving in Indiana.....

very disturbing! We can at least get all the info. we can gather when we witness these actions and send it to the director of the DNR!

very disturbing! We can at least get all the info. we can gather when we witness these actions and send it to the director of the DNR!

Who is exactly the guy who runs the scam....:cool:

That's why politics pays. It's power to give people something that doesn't cost you a penny and get something in return. What that something is depends.

Back