Including grasslands in a side quest-

gps4

I drove from vburg, Ms to north Sioux City Thursday en route to Mitchell for an extended trip that has me solo with my two year old lab until Thursday night. I hunted between Yankton and Mitchell Friday, and between mitchell and chamberlain today.

I dont catch up with the rest of my group until Thursday night for our annual pay-to-play hunt.

On a whim, I’ve decided to go west to take in Custer, wind cave, deadwood and the badlands. I will stay in either Custer or hot springs tonight, hit up Custer stste park, wind cave and deadwood before heading back east, drop into the bad lands, and stop off in chamberlain to check out the Lewis and Clark museum. I’ll probably stay in chamberlain tomorrow night.

Inasmuch as I’ll be within spitting distance of the St. Pierre national grasslands, I am considering spending a few hours letting my dog stretch her legs a bit.

Is anyone willing to offer tips or pointers about how to make the most of an afternoon hunting the grasslands?

Thanks in advance!

If there is a picked corn or milo field next to public land. hunt the edge of the grass and field. birds dont want to go any further than they have to if they have cover and food.

good luck.

Back