Illinois turkey hunting

Randolphyeary

Hey everyone,

How does illinois turkey hunting work? Is there a lottery and how when and where can you hunt? I'd love to go and or guided. Ant information would be appreciated.

Have you looked at their DNR/Game and Fish website? I have no knowledge of Illinois turkey hunting regulations but I'm sure their website would answer all of your questions.

Yeah seems I should have entered a lottery in 2021 to spring turkey hunt. I'm still confused about if you can use a shotgun in spring. Then there's portions of the state where you can't use a shotgun to hunt turkeys. It seems more complicated than it should be.

There are three draws, and they've all been completed. You can buy any remaining tags over the counter, up to three. You have to search IDNR for remaining tags by season & county (5 seasons - 32 days total). I still think you have to buy a remaining tag at a retailer.................that has been the case the past couple years, but believe they updated their software recently....................so not 100% sure. Good luck!!

Back