illinois hunting

Chiefer, I'm from the far NW part of Chicago out were the houses start to end and the weeds, corn, and trees start to grow and pheasant still run. Was just out in a field near my home this morning and flushed a beautiful wild rooster, one last evening too. As you know it's a site not seen enough these days around here!

What part are you from?

P.S.--Welcome to the site!:)

I live in joliet. Grew up in SE Missouri where i hunted farms and rarely had to ask. Just started back hunting after moving here over 10 yrs ago so all this public pay to release and hunting clubs are new to me. Any good clubs to join?

I live in joliet. Grew up in SE Missouri where i hunted farms and rarely had to ask. Just started back hunting after moving here over 10 yrs ago so all this public pay to release and hunting clubs are new to me. Any good clubs to join?

I lived at 55 and weber for 10 years. Glad I left
Check out erienna hunt club
No membership, low cost and decent grounds
Close to you too
See ya around maybe

Did you get any days at DPCA this fall?

No. Gona hav to do stand by hunting. Silver springs has decent hunting as well. Looking to do some waterfowl hunting also. Never done it, but seem challenging. Was looking at PF chapters around here and none to close. Hopefully some others on here will post and can keep in contact. I will be out to some of the clubs so hopefully bump into ya.

Live in Brookfield,by the zoo.
Havent hunted illinois in 3 years.Idiots at DesPlaines more common than birds.
Hunt public land in Wisconsin.
Errienna not bad,try south wilmington hunt club.

Ever hunt the Des Plains wild life area? Huge, we have a Spaniel trial there each year. Saw a guy with one of the biggest bucks ever a bow hunter had harvested. You should hunt there after we have a trial. There is useualy 1-2 hundred birds released.

thanks Thats a good idea! Will check the website for dog trials. My son and i have a britt pup and would like to attend some trials to get some info and pointers .

No. Gona hav to do stand by hunting. Silver springs has decent hunting as well. Looking to do some waterfowl hunting also. Never done it, but seem challenging. Was looking at PF chapters around here and none to close. Hopefully some others on here will post and can keep in contact. I will be out to some of the clubs so hopefully bump into ya.

Chiefer, as far as PF chapters go you have Kendell county and Dupage county next to you. Both have chapters. You can contact Kim Sterling ksterling@pheasantsforever.org <ksterling@pheasantsforever.org> She can give you contact info, or get you going in the right direction.

Or if your willing to make the drive your more than welcome to come up to our meetings in McHenry County. Were looking for some new blood. Email me in my Personal Email if you want more info. -1pheas4:)

I live in St. Charles. Hunted DesPlaines yesterday and found a nice 10pt that someone arrowed and couldn't retreive. He was a bit ripe, but the rack was in perfect shape.

Don't mind hunting the put and take places, but the folks at DesPlaines really need to drop the attitude.

I live in St. Charles. Hunted DesPlaines yesterday and found a nice 10pt that someone arrowed and couldn't retreive. He was a bit ripe, but the rack was in perfect shape.

Don't mind hunting the put and take places, but the folks at DesPlaines really need to drop the attitude.

still like that there huh? I used to live right at 55 and Rt 126 so getting there was a snap. I used to HATE IT there! Ive since moved to the WI IL state line and hunt Chain o Lakes State Park quite a bit. There are the 180 total opposite of DPCA. They could not possibly be more nice or more polite. Really a great bunch of people Barry has there, although they're at a skeleton staff from all of the cut backs.
Really sad to hear it has not changed at DPCA.:(

I'st too bad. I hunt wild birds more than anything, but the drive is 2 1/2 hours from home so about once a year I go th DesPlaines. I can't remember a single time there I didn't get the attitude. I am sure thay have to put up with a lot of crap from some, but being friendly should be the rule, nit the exception. I will still probably go once a year, but the attitude sure takes some of the enjoyment out of it. Maybe I'll try the Chain of Lakes. How are they with walk-on's?

there are stand by guys that get in everyday for the most part but the line up to do so starts pretty early on weekends. 5 am Ive heard. Im going to try stand by this Saturday so I'll see it first hand. Im fortunate that I live a mile down the road so the drive is easy

You should get in if it is anything like DesPlaines. I heard they haven't turned away a stand-by all year. A mile down the road is nice! Good luck.

Crap-chain o lakes is closed this w/e for the IL gun deer season. I busted my arse all w/e to have a little free time this w/e.
I'll be there the 27th and 28th as I have permits for both days.

I'll be deer hunting with my son this weekend and plan to hunt wild birds on the 27th and 28th. Good luck!

I'll bedeer hunting out in Oregon, IL and will probably hunt wild birds down in Champaign County. We went on the 7th and got 50 - 60 birds up, but they were running and jumping wild.

Back