Illinois crop harvest report

Hockeybob

Went yesterday from Chicago down I-57 south to Champaign then West on I-74 to Bloomington then North on I-55 back home.
Combines were out in full force taking both Beans and Corn.

Not a whole lot going on around this part of the state.

I saw a few combines ready to roll on beans yesterday (Southern McHenry C.) then they shut everything down and parked everything:confused:

A friend said they'll be starting on bean tomorrow or Wednesday. Weather permitting.

Nick

Everyone here in Central IL has been going hot and heavy, most guys are cutting beans (which is very weird) but alot are over half done and some have already finished up. Still lots of birds being seen, was talking with Farm Bill Biologist on Saturday during a work day to remove invasives, and most if not all have been seeing increased birds where the habitat is. Heres to hoping for a good November:cheers:

Not a whole lot going on around this part of the state.

I saw a few combines ready to roll on beans yesterday (Southern McHenry C.) then they shut everything down and parked everything:confused:

A friend said they'll be starting on bean tomorrow or Wednesday. Weather permitting.

Nick

Nick, theres quite a few bean fields on the north side of centegra towards 120 that are already picked. I was surprised.

Nick, theres quite a few bean fields on the north side of centegra towards 120 that are already picked. I was surprised.

I think they're getting the itch around here. lol Plus we may get rain tomorrow. Get them rolling before things get wet.

100%IL---I'm shocked about an increase in bird sighting round Central IL. With all that rain and all. That's great news!! Thanks for sharing.:cheers:

Nick

And there's rain. I texted my friend. He's not happy right now. lol

Funny thing is, last week he said this was going to happen. Murphy's law.:rolleyes:

Low around 40 degrees later this week. Fall weather's closing in.

Last edited:
East Central they are taking beans and corn currently. Crawford County. No pheasants in this area but they have been seeing quail where there is good habitat. :cheers:

I spoke to my friend again today. It looks like he'll be rolling within a day or so. Hopefully the rain stays clear for awhile.

Nick

Last edited:
I was visiting the fam in Wisconsin over the weekend. Beans and corn are both coming out along the entire route.

It seems like corn around here is coming out sooner than normal:confused:. Usually the beans are completely out, then corn after.

Nick

Back