Illinois 2019 pheasant report

The pheasant outlook is somewhat promising.
I did notice the 2018-2019 dates are listed on the pdf.

Thanks Copperdog.

Here's the link to the 2019-2020 Illinois hunting and trapping digest (https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Documents/HuntTrapDigest.pdf). The season dates are listed on page 39 (of 60).

The 2019 season dates (according to the 2019-2020 Illinois hunting digest) are from 2 November 2019 to 8 January 2020 (North zone) ///// 2 November 2019 to 15 January 2020 (Southern zone)

Over weekend saw quail that were late hatch. Could only fly a few feet and barely get above grass to do so. Makes sense with the early rain there are some late nests.

Makes sense with the early rain there are some late nests.

Yeah those are young birds for this time of year. About three weeks ago I saw a hen turkey with poults that could just barley fly. Nesting and brood rearing conditions were very good from around July 1st on ward.

I took a look at some of the habitat in few areas up here the other day. Things look very good. A bit wet from some big rains recently but the cover looks good. God willing I'll get some time in the next week or two to run the dog and see what the pheasants are looking like (older birds, younger birds, no birds, good bird numbers, etc.).

Back