IL pheasant article

Great read, it goes right back to the challenge we all face as bird hunters Habitat! This is why I support as many hunting organizations that I can afford and encourage my friends to do the same. Whether it is DU, PF, QF, NWTF, etc... They all know it takes land owners and habitat to make more birds for us.

Thanks for posting this, I hope more people read this and encourage others to support habitat any way they can :10sign:

So frustrating being a pheasant hunter in Illinois these days. I know the part of the state that I hunt, most of the ditches have filter strips on them, but the farmers mow them, which is absolutely mind boggling to me. I can absolutely tell you, that any area in east central, IL that has relatively decent habitat, there will be birds.

The trouble is finding any decent habitat. It does exist in places, but you have to really know the area. Will be interesting to see what happens if corn starts getting below $2/bushel again. If you really want to lose your mind, go google much money many of the farmers in IL have received in subsidies the last ten years....... You can see it by county.

Back