if you had $2500

You’ve been talking about that Fausti for a while now; I think its time to get yourself a belated Christmas present!
Can't say I disagree. It's been on my list for a long time. I'd really like one. But at the end of the day, I really don't want to hunt w/ anything but my Sweet 16. And the idea of spending nearly $4k of my own money on a shotgun....I just can't make it make sense. I need someone to buy it for me, or I'll probably just be talking about it for years to come. I must not be a $4k shotgun kind of guy.

Keep checking Gunbroker or Gunsinternational. You never know what you might find a gently used one for...
I do, however, understand not wanting to try something other than your go to gun. Don’t fix what ain’t broke!!!

Beretta 686. If you shop around a little you should be able to get the Beretta O/U at a price that allows you to also buy the best entry level auto ... the Beretta 300 Outlander and still hit your $2500 budget (maybe a little over with taxes).

I had a 686 that I wish I hadn't parted with. GL with your search-I would put "fit" in the forefront as far as which one to go with.

I looked at the 686, Cynergy Field, and the 828U. I wanted all three, but went with the Cynergy Field in 20ga cuz I like a higher, ramped rib. Better go do some shouldering. They all felt a little different. It was about $1800 out the door. That would leave a little $$$ left to take your wife to a B&B for a weekend cuz you are gonna need to do that when you come home with that rectangular shaped box in your hand.

Browning Citori 725 Feather. 20 gauge. 28 inch barrel. Had my eye on one for awhile but can't bring myself to pull the trigger

If we are talking new gun, I would have to say either a Beretta 686 or the B. Rizzini BR110. Both are excellent guns built on scaled 28 gauge frames.

I’ve used my Benelli for five seasons and several rounds of trap each of those years with no click. I keep waiting for it but all I get is the Benelli BOOM.

I had the originalSuper Black Eagle. The click happened one time while pheasant hunting in Kansas. I didn’t know at the time that you really needed to let that bolt go hard on the shell that you put in the chamber. I was trying to be quiet getting going in the field...Never happened again. Since then, I have graduated to cousin BR.

Another vote for the 686. I love mine, they point very naturally for me. That said I hate the inertia firing pins and trying to get the pins to reset after a bad mount, but that is likely more an issue with my bad form rather than the gun.

Fair Rizzini Iside sxs.
Italian built available in 12, 16, 20, 28 ga, & 410.
Can order custom stock dimensions, 26, 28, or 30" bbls etc etc etc.

They fall in that price range also.

The more I use my Citori the more it satisfies me. I have no reason not to recommend it to an o/u buyer.

Back