If possible, no bs, no ad, just those who have been there...

dvmweb

My friends and I have been going to ND these last few years. We want to try SD around Winner, second week of season. Three to four days. 4-6 guys. We can pay some to "trespass". We want to have the SD clouds of pheasant experience. Have a Motorhome and towed Jeep for local transport.
So, if there are hunters here who are willing to give us some ideas it would be appreciated. We travel from northern Michigan.

My friends and I have been going to ND these last few years. We want to try SD around Winner, second week of season. Three to four days. 4-6 guys. We can pay some to "trespass". We want to have the SD clouds of pheasant experience. Have a Motorhome and towed Jeep for local transport.
So, if there are hunters here who are willing to give us some ideas it would be appreciated. We travel from northern Michigan.

My 3 buddies and I have hunted around Winner 4 or 5 times now with the last time being two years ago. We usually go the second week of the season and have always hunted public ground. Every trip, except the last one was awesome. Our last trip the corn wasn't cut and we didn't see many birds, we did manage to shoot a few, but it was nothing like the first few trips we had. We always had a few fields (public) that we'd experience the typical "cloud" of pheasants. There's plently of opportunities to pay trespass fees in the area, but we never had to. Although two years ago we were tempted, but we're all school teachers and you know how that is.

Living in Winner full time, my opinion is line up a paid hunt if you want the cloud of pheasants. You can shoot a limit in the road ditches but will not get the hunt you are looking for. Most every farmer has pay hunting, try and staying on the northside of Winner in the Hamill - Ideal - Witten area.

Back