Idalia for the 1st time!

BUSTA WOOSTER

Headed to Idalia next sun/mon to hunt with my elk hunting buddie!. Any word on bird populations, as well as, bird cover. I will be hunting private land so I am not looking for places, but I would be interested in what type of cover the birds are congregating in given our warm weather. Seems like corn fields about 2-3pm have been great. I realize the birds are starting to group up and scenting conditions are tough for our leading friends. Any advice is welcome and appreciated!

Thank you for the advise! Seems like the birds are hiding in slightly different cover this year given the warm weather. I can't wait for this trip as this is land I have never hunted before. I know my lab will be up to the task!

idalia colorado

I went there about 3 weeks ago.....never had better hunting in my life!!! With a group of nine we got 25 birds almost all of us limiting out. You need to hunt private land it seemed we got almost all of our birds out of crp, ditches, and overgrown corals. We got into the birds by the 20's and 30's ask around for permission and good luck!!!!:thumbsup:

Ain't got no wooster!

Great time hunting this weekend in Idalia! Unfortunately: I need to look into shooting lessons for christmas. Definately need the weather to change: birds are spooky and jumping early. Found them in a lot of thick, thick cover. How many pheasant days can be had in a t-shirt?
The lab did a great job and certainly earned her keep. She's at home recovering and wondering why her owner can't hit with the Remi. I think she is trying to sign me up for shooting lessons also.
Wanted to throw a huge thanks out to the guys I hunted with!

Back