Ice Conditions

I dont think my wife and kids would agree with that

Mike, as I left to hunt the other day, my wife reminded me as she often does, "Be careful with Ace!"
I said, "I always am. But as long as I bring home sustenance for you & the girls, you don't particularly care what happens to me???"
Her (acting like I'm not very funny): "Just make sure the dog gets home safely."

Mike, as I left to hunt the other day, my wife reminded me as she often does, "Be careful with Ace!"
I said, "I always am. But as long as I bring home sustenance for you & the girls, you don't particularly care what happens to me???"
Her (acting like I'm not very funny): "Just make sure the dog gets home safely."

Good stuff there! LOL

hahah she's a keeper!

Just returned from South Dakota. Most sloughs were frozen and we're ok to walk. Broke through in the cattails a couple times. Knee high boots are a must.

Last year we were walking into some nice cattail areas in December. Two of us fell through the ice two different times up to our ass cheeks.
It was fairly cold out. We just kept walking and hunted for probably another hour. Pants froze up, had under armour base layer on under the pants, but when we just kept walking/hunting, I never really got cold.
After the hunt we went back to the farmhouse and dumped some water out of our boots and put some dry clothes on.

I am very skeptical of ice and not one to risk killing myself or my dog. I was pretty sure the water was no deeper than waist deep, so we proceeded to hunt the cattails, till we got banged up enough from falling through the ice, and got tired of it. Whenever I fell in, somehow my left shin would hit the ice, so the next 2 weeks my left leg hurt like hell.

Be Safe Everyone!

Probably Stupidity but it looked like such a nice area to find some birds. :) :) :)

Happy New Year Everyone! May everyone's new year be filled with great health, wealth, and more PTO hours to keep chasing them Ringnecks!!!!!

Back