I talked to the game warden in iowa today.

Bob Peters

I asked him if you can shoot lead on ihap lands and he said no. Then I asked what happens if I shoot a rooster over public land and he flutters onto private property. He said I can go on the private land to look for him, I just can't bring a firearm with. He also said only the member of the party who shot can cross over, but you can bring a dog. Lastly I asked if I can shoot lead hunting a ditch for pheasants. He said yes, as long as it's a ditch not adjacent to public hunting land.

Lastly I asked him for a report. He said it's been kinda slow start to the season. Windy conditions not conducive to hunting and something else I can't remember. This was the classic nw iowa pheasant belt.

Non-toxic on IHAP is only required in some counties in Iowa. See the table from the regs below...

How was the hunting Bob?

1699407813734.png

It was a good trip. I tend to cover a lot of ground, so I hunt a lot of different counties. I just counted and there's about 7 different ones in the NW that I hunt, not all on the same trip. Some spots were a ghost town, but I ended getting on a few honey holes. I will try and do a post with a picture, right now I lost my cord to download the photos on the computer.

Crap, I need a cord! I have been emailing selected pics from my Gmail account on my phone to a different personal email address I can get to on my laptop, downloading on the laptop and then uploading to the site...colossal pain. I will get that figured out now!

Crap, I need a cord! I have been emailing selected pics from my Gmail account on my phone to a different personal email address I can get to on my laptop, downloading on the laptop and then uploading to the site...colossal pain. I will get that figured out now!

Upload the photos to your Google Photos account on phone (its automatically on Android, and available in apple store for Iphone), then you can access them on your pc and download full resolution.

Treat me like I know nothing about computers. How/where do I find them on my laptop? I have an android phone, my pics show-up under both the Gallery and Photos apps.

Treat me like I know nothing about computers. How/where do I find them on my laptop? I have an android phone, my pics show-up under both the Gallery and Photos apps.

Just go to photos.google.com and log in with your email and password. Should all be right there!

Well, that kind of worked! I don't see the most recent pics...maybe they are still loading,...Thanks KEO!

Well, that kind of worked! I don't see the most recent pics...maybe they are still loading,...Thanks KEO!
No problem! Your phone may be set to only upload your pics on wifi and when you open the app, so that might be why you do not see recent ones.

We switched to BOSS bismuth to avoid the can we shoot lead problem. Given the amount of shooting we do in one week, it works out on price

Back