I see birds!!

1Model21

Driving around the ranch in SW Idaho today, I saw a couple nice groups of pheasants, one had birds about 3/4 full grown and the other hen had a bunch of chicks maybe 2 weeks old. This is a good sign, as we had a cold wet spring, early summer and we are seeing good numbers in the area. How does the outlook for birds look in the areas that you are in?

How does the outlook for birds look in the areas that you are in?

The birds look hot and thirsty in my area..not sure about the outlook, but from what I hear (from KS farmers and Idaho hunters:D) is that I should hunt Idaho this fall;) Not going to be a stellar year for the part of the state I hunt.

Welcome Model21.

Good to hear!...also heard fishermen on the Owyhee and Brownlee are seeing decent broods of chukar coming to water mid afternoon.

I guess we'll know more in 2 months!

That is good to hear. I did see a pair of chukar with 10 chicks about 1/2 grown the other day -hope that trend continues - the wet spring may have been just right to get the young birds over the first week eating bugs before they can eat grass and seeds. Lots of Pheasant and quail as well in SW Idaho -

Welcome Model21.

Good to hear!...also heard fishermen on the Owyhee and Brownlee are seeing decent broods of chukar coming to water mid afternoon.

I guess we'll know more in 2 months!
Ha hA every year but the first rain and they disperse. Your first chukar hunt is for fun all the rest are for revenge! :cheers:

I thought they were all for revenge...or exercise!:eek:

You staying busy Bill?

Back