Hurricane Beryl...

JMc

Super Moderator
Well I must say that my first hurricane was quite an experience. After living in the Texas Panhandle for most of my life, I've experienced tornadoes, snow storms, thunderstorms, dust storms, tumbleweed attacks, stung by scorpions (twice), and a host of other unpleasurable moments; however, Hurricane Beryl was something else. The storm went directly over Montgomery TX and created havoc on our community. Power outages, trees uprooted, and torrential rain and 80+ mph wind. It's taken me two days to clean my yard and I'm only on 1/3 of an acre.
Its' crazy how you get hammered by the front of the storm then the eye passes an it's glorious then BAM, you get your butt handed to you with the trailing winds and rain. Oh well, the wife, I, and my GSP's Jax and Duke are all better for it and have learned what to and not to do next time. And another thing...that 15,000W generator I bought last month earned it's purchase price back in a hurry. No AC in the Houston area is not fun. The generator ran my house and one of my two HVAC systems.

You should have seen Irma in Marco Island! 155mph winds but thankfully had a direct hit and not missed us 20 miles West. The surge would have wiped the island off the map.

Lost a roof and pool cage and had a little water intrusion through the roof.

Back