Hunting preserve east of Brighton

CO_Weimar

Would any of you know about a hunting preserve east of Brighton off of 144th between Penrith and Converse?

I have seen signs with "Wildlife Release Area" and over the past couple of weeks I have seen bird dogs and folks wearing blaze orange.

Any ideas if it might be one of the properties used by Auer?

:cheers:

Maybe Wings and Things, but I do not know if they are even around any longer!!:cheers:

Auer Bird Valley has those fields right there that I have hunted. Been very good to me all year, and has great cover!

I was just north of there yesterday with Auer Bird Valley.:D

Thanks guys! Now that I think about it, I might have actually been there before, but didn't realize it ... Or some other property close by.

A few months after adopting Dakota I suspected that Dakota might be a bird dog. Someone with the Weim rescue invited us along. We went to Auer and drove south, then tagged along to see what Dakota would do. Dakota didn't know what was going on ... Strange dogs and strange people ... And his shoulder kept the back of my knee warm the entire morning! ;)

That field off of 144th is really nice. I had driven past it a few times (a week) on my way to Strasburg and thought "that would be a nice spot to go pheasant hunting if there were birds" .... Then I saw the wildlife release signs which got my curiosity up!

Thanks again,

Chuck

It really is sweet!

Most of the way along the outside edges of the entire section are strips of corn/milo/crp mix, they run easier straight line hunts in. ...Then from that low point/drainage right off of 144, the drainage runs back and forth across the entire section, from that south end, almost to the north side, then winds back around to the east and all the way back to the south end again. Has good cover throughout. From plum thickets, to crp, to wheat, corn, milo mix.

...We hit that field two different times this season and had good times on both occasions.:cheers:

We will give it a go this fall - only about 10 - 15 min from the new house. Speaking of, we are really liking it out here. There are quite a few bird dog people in the neighborhood. There are at least 3 field trialers that I can think of right off the top of my head ... only 10 minutes from Banner Lakes and only another 5 min or so to Auer Bird Valley.

:cheers:

sixshot

If you want to check out a family run operation ck out sixshot hunt club great place to get away for the weekend good rates to stay and dog friendly nice place to consider to have a hunt test

I was out driving around yesterday ... looking for a route to bike with our 2 1/2 year old male, Blitz. Came across some more Auer Bird Valley property, somewhere east of Brighton and south of HWY 52 - It was really nice. Looking forward to taking a few trips out there this fall. I can't pass it up since all of the properties are within 20 min or so of our house.

Nice!

I tell you what, Steve has some great properties. I have always been pleased with where I have hunted. I love drainages, Steve knows this and always hooks me up!:10sign::D

Back