Hunting near Bismarck

Hacksaw Butch

I'm an older guy with bad wheels and a crippled old dog and a green 2.5 year old golden retriever heading out to the bismarck area for perhaps my last pheasant hunting trip. I talked to a land owner who has a great piece of land about an hour ESE of Bismarck and he said there are no birds on his property this year. He recommended the Moffit area which is 10 miles west of his land.

I've hunted the management land, south of Bismarck on the west side of the river off 1806 and done well in the past. Anyone hunted the East side off 1804?

I believe it will be just me and the 2 dogs, but there could be 2 of us. Other than the management area's, I'll try to work the Moffit to Braddock area unless someone points me in a different direction. Any advice would be appreciated. Planning to hunt Sunday Nov 24 thru Wednesday the 27th.
Thanks all

Pheasant Hunting

We did not find many birds on public land the last part of October. It had been worn out pretty quick. Alot of the public land did not have any bordering crops. Some were just cattle lots. Dont know how the farmers got by with that.

We hunted Last weekend (NOV 23rd) East of bismark. We did very well. Saw lots of birds. Birds were bunched up and very skidish.

Back