Hunting in Florida!

rwigg

Thinking about buying a place in Punta Gorda. Are there places down here to hunt Phezies and Quail? I would have posted in Florida,but didn't see it on the list! Thanks for the help!

Rod:cheers:

you're better off bringing your fishing gear! finding a range to shoot down here is a challenge and forget about public land.

there are a few public hunting camps in central florida, but you better buy a pair of snake boots!

EdgeWater,
Thanks, I was afraid of that. Just got to take the good with the bad. Thanks for the help.
Rod:cheers:

Sorry to sound discouraging! I do a lot of duck hunting up in central Florida. Typically Teal and our single Florida Mallard limit. A few pintails, but Teal are the only consistent ducks in my area.

Turkey huting is pretty big and then up in the Panhandle and North Florida, the hunting improves, but nothing like South Dakota deer!

I will tell you that it is not a gun-friendly state. Driving around with a 12 guag in the back seat isn't a good idea and it is really limited on where you can shoot. I had buddies arrested in highschool for shooting on private land (were previously aloud to hunt there).

Well, I guess the guns stay home and I'll just bring the sun screen! Thanks for the info, it saved me alot of trouble.

Rod:cool:

Back