Hunter Nation

Labs

Anyone a member of and/or have an opinion of the Hunter Nation organization? Earlier this week Ted Nugent's show Spirit of the Wild was essentially an
info-mmercial for it, with several outdoor personalities urging watchers to join. Obviously, Uncle Ted and his wife are both heavily involved with this new organization.

Their structure & mission brings to mind Nugent's United Sportsmen of America from back in the 90's-early 2000's when the organization collapsed. I was the TNUSA State Director for North Dakota for the better part of the 90s. It was a lot of work for an unpaid volunteer. The Hunter Nation membership options pretty much mirror what TNUSA offered. I always wondered if those folks who upped the $1000 for TNUSA Lifetime Membership got refunds...

I'm a member of Pheasants Forever as it's goals & effectiveness are proven and there is no reason to believe it will implode. I'm tempted to join Hunter Nation but after the TNUSA experience I'm reluctant to get involved in fledgling conservation organizations. So I'm asking if anyone knows anything more about HN beyond what is shown on their website...

I have no personal experience with them but from the looks of their website, it reminds me of an "NRA but hunting" and I don't see them doing alot of "good" for the sport. In terms of conservation. Alot of "celebrity" endorsements to attract $$$.

Another great organization that is Pheasants Forever like, is Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. Should you feel the need to drop $1000 on a lifetime membership to an organization, they are much more worth your time and money. No flashy celebrity endorsements of course, but they do alot of good for conservation. Steve Rinella (who I admire greatly) speaks highly of them and has their founder, Land Tawney, on his podcast pretty regularly.

TRCP - Teddy Roosevelt Conservation Partnership. The work on land access (especially public land surrounded by private land), work to fight CWD, and other conservation programs.

www.trcp.org

TRCP - Teddy Roosevelt Conservation Partnership. The work on land access (especially public land surrounded by private land), work to fight CWD, and other conservation programs.

www.trcp.org
Another great organization worth your dollar. I'm a member of TRCP and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. They both do great work.

I have no personal experience with them but from the looks of their website, it reminds me of an "NRA but hunting" and I don't see them doing alot of "good" for the sport. In terms of conservation. Alot of "celebrity" endorsements to attract $$$.

Another great organization that is Pheasants Forever like, is Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. Should you feel the need to drop $1000 on a lifetime membership to an organization, they are much more worth your time and money. No flashy celebrity endorsements of course, but they do alot of good for conservation. Steve Rinella (who I admire greatly) speaks highly of them and has their founder, Land Tawney, on his podcast pretty regularly.
We have a Back Country Chapter in ND, I think they are out of Minot. Those are the sadists that set up the "extreme" course at the Badlands Classic 3D Shoot, aka The Medora Shoot, every year in August. The "standard" course is challenging both physically & skills-wise in it's own right, but the "extreme" course is why that shoot is considered by far the toughest in the state year in & out (they sell out of "I Survived The Medora Shoot" shirts every year). Made it through both again this year (it was a lot easier climbing the Badlands 40 years ago), but I was stove up for several days afterward...

Back