Hunt swap MN for SD,ND or MT hunt

Highvoltage

We have a cabin in MN North woods on a good fishing lake, and would like to swap a grouse hunting trip with someone on a pheasant/ hun hunting trip. If anyone is interested drop me a message. Thx. Nick

We have a cabin in MN North woods on a good fishing lake, and would like to swap a grouse hunting trip with someone on a pheasant/ hun hunting trip. If anyone is interested drop me a message. Thx. Nick

I don't need a hunt swap I blasted tons of grouse but I can put you on some birds in MN & SD but its all public land stuff no private land hook up or contacts or $$$ exchanged to hunt...

If u are interested in a MN hunt or SD do let me know my old man doing some radiation treatment now so I kinda waiting to plan more trips outta state etc. Till we see how this go but I'd share a hunt with a good dog & hunter anytime...

Are u offering private land grouse hunt or ??? Sorry if u want more then public land pheasant hunt... Also when are u trying to hunt pheasant Oct Nov Dec etc. I've seen Hun's in 2 of my MN hunt areas been a few years but I mostly in cattails nowadays so don't see many Hun's in them...

My dad just got back from up by ur area was west of you did great walleye fishing there he was happy...

P.S. I've hunted SD ND & MT never seen a hun in any of them states only IA & MN ur best bet for a good pheasant hunt plus a chance & Hun's plus some sharptails would be ND I hate ND but better hunters then my self kill pheasant hun & sharptails there yearly... MT so damn big & hit or miss take a few trips to get a area figured out plus the terrain is hard on dogs in MT allong that western ND/SD border is a cool area to try also... If u have 10+ days go to MT

Last edited:
Doesn't need to be private land, but some mixed in doesn't hurt. My wife and I have retired this year, and are looking to hook up with others to hunt different areas. I plan on more late season pheasant hunting this year. Have standing reservations for Thanksgiving week in SD.

Doesn't need to be private land, but some mixed in doesn't hurt. My wife and I have retired this year, and are looking to hook up with others to hunt different areas. I plan on more late season pheasant hunting this year. Have standing reservations for Thanksgiving week in SD.

I can get u on some late season MN birds for sure closer then SW MN like I say I don't hunt private land but if u wanna knock on a door while there be my guest I don't waste my time doing that...

I'll be out in SD the WK b4 thanksgiving that during SD east river deer season not good for the public land hunter I been there the 1st WK of SD gun deer its insane chase n deer with trucks is the normal hunt technique... Will probably be out there 2nd WK of Dec. Also ... Nov 8-12 we will be out in SD also a family friend hunt... Not sure on other SD hunt date yet..

I've hunted all kinds of upland birds Hungarian partridge will be your tuffest bird to get I've shot at a few as a kid not since... They are very rare plus nobody can tell u today u will see Hun's they elusive bird a true bonus bird any game bird biologist I've talked with from MN ND SD MT all say same thing don't go hunt for Hun's u won't find em go hunt for sharptail & or pheasant & u mite run into them etc.

I wouldn't hunt pacificly for huns, but I understand that some parts of MT have some to bonus the pheasant hunt. Thx. Nick

I wouldn't hunt pacificly for huns, but I understand that some parts of MT have some to bonus the pheasant hunt. Thx. Nick

The PF site makes MT sound like upland game bird dreamland & it is just remember them guys at PF had locals & sometimes private lands to rely on the average Joe hunter will have to wear out a good pair of boots to find good or OK numbers on 1st trip to MT outside of pheasants that is...

Also it sucks to drive 10-12 hours to see others hunters all WK like happens in MT a lot from many MT pheasant story's I've read & guys 1st hand story's... Mite be better to do a early b4 pheasant hun hunt in MT we only seen 1 maybe 2 other grouse hunters in MT in 6 days. We went for sage grouse Hun's & sharptail in that order got both grouse species no Hun's

There's a MT resident maid a good comment on the hunting MT thread in the MT forum think walk123 maid the thread...

Last edited:
Just curious what lake is your cabin on? I fish Winnie every fall, was there in August and thinking about making another trip. :thumbsup:

Back