How's the summer shooting going?

How's everyone doing with that summer practice we swore we'd get accomplished. :) I've shot roughly 600-800 clay targets in a mix of mostly sporting clays and skeet. Both are at a noncompetitive level with my field guns, light loads, and a low-gun start. I won't win a sporting clays or skeet championship, but it sure helps my field shooting.

Don't forget to get your gunsmithing projects done....it's already getting late for that.

:cheers:

I am going out to the range tonight. I am getting the feel for my 16ga. 1100. It is pillow soft with the recoil. It will be a good back-up for my pheasant season. I do pretty well with my Benelli Super Sport II for most of the season. For grouse I carry a 20ga. Beretta semiauto or a Marlin 90 16ga.. I enjoy the variety gauges and try to have fun no matter the scores. Never a bad day at the range, always fun.

I shoot my 410 at trap and was shooting my 20 at skeet until I had to send it in to get fixed. Seems like shooting the 410 has really helped me. The few times I have shot the 12 ga I seem to be really on the targets. I myself am no pro shooter either only have fired maybe 900 rounds this summer to stay in practice.

I shot skeet last night.
I took the BUL and 3 boxes of 16 gauge shells....that is indicative of how it is going.

No gun

Ya, but it gets the dogs laughing and that's
worth something. I forget something every trip.

Summer

Boy, I got work to do. I just started shooting with both eyes open for the first time, using a translucent dot on my glasses. It feels good and I'm not looking at the barrel, but I just plain suck. I am also getting used to a new sweet 16, so my goal is to put a thousand shells through it before I leave for nd and sd in October. It will come with practice, but I'm not swinging through yet. I'm getting used to that recoil sound when the barrel goes into the receiver, and I gotta get my brain off that and wrapped around the follow through. Love the gun, though.

I tried the patch as well and it does take some getting use to and i was stopping my swing as I was looking to see if I hit the clay bird or not. With time it will work out, just don't give up as I did for a while.

Our club just installed a card reader for our skeet and trap house, now we can shoot 9am to 9pm as many rounds as you load on the card, so lots of practice, to bad shots running $41.50 a bag

Back