hows the hunting?

ks bound

just wondering if anyone has hunted down around greensburg.Headed there this weekend with dad and some buddys.i'll let you know how we do.

that area should be pretty good this year. most of southwest kansas should be great this year. let us know wut you see. good luck.

it's good to see someone is out there, i'll definately let you know how we do. i'm like a kid waiting on xmas,only 2 more days till go time!

birds

I hunted about 50 miles North of Greensburg on the opener. We saw good numbers of pheasants and 3 coveys of quail. We weren't exactly looking for quail, so I think I will find more of them when I return as I'll be hunting in habitat that is better suited for them. The coveys that we saw were big, each holding about 30 birds. We saw them in wheat stubble and milo, but I expect to find them in big weeds around old homesteads as it gets colder. You should have a good hunt that provides a mixed bag. I hope for your sake it doesn't actually reach the projected highs for the weekend.

Best of luck to you! I'll be checking my private messages for a report. I have a leased land connection in the area that I might look up if I get a couple of good reports from the area. There are so many upland opportunities in this state that it is sometimes difficult to decide where to go! Its a great problem to have!

pumped up!

thanx, sounds like were going to have an awesome hunt.the weather is going to be a little warm,but we 'll hunt on thru. i'll be sure to give u a report.i'm glad i stumbled onto this forum,it's good to hear from other hunters.

wow i just keep getting better and better reports on the quail. that is really promising kansasbrit. those are some big coveys. its been a while since i've seen them that large. very exciting.

Back