how many here shoot a 16bore/why?

This little 5 1/2 lb 30 inch 16 is all I ever use on Pheasants. As for "why"-- it just feels so darn good & sure does get the job done.
103208.jpg

Roger:
That's what upland guns are supposed to look like!! Two triggers, straight stock and splinter forearm. What type of boxlock is that?
I'm using a Merkel 1620 but mine is "heavy" at 6lbs 2 oz compared to yours.
I love these guns.

Roger:
That's what upland guns are supposed to look like!! Two triggers, straight stock and splinter forearm. What type of boxlock is that?
I'm using a Merkel 1620 but mine is "heavy" at 6lbs 2 oz compared to yours.
I love these guns.

It is a Schnorrenberg and Fils. Not a very common brand but they made a few pretty nice shotguns. I agree with you about what an upland gun should look like. My quail gun is a 20 gauge Greener that looks nearly identical to the 16 but weighs 5 oz more.

I'm a 16 gauge fan as well. I have an 870 and a Browning BPS. It would be great if somebody still produced a semi auto for 16's. They are just the classic upland gun.

Anyone use an Ithaca 37? I spotted a "hunting condition" 16ga in the local gunstore for $200, and am really thinking about it. My daughter may be left handed, I'm not sure (she's 15 months), so this would be a good gun for her if she is. I tried to trade my aforementioned O/U and the guy didn't want it. That ^&%&$% thing is turning into a white elephant on me - everyone agrees that the $ I"m asking is valid, but they don't want to buy it.

Not that any shotgun is a bad deal for $200, and it is payday...

I have four grandsons, age 9 years to 4 months. I have given three of them an early built M37 16ga. as soon as they are old enough to understand that Pepaw gave them their first gun. Currently on the scout for no.4.

They are fine little repeaters and wonderful in the field from my experience. You could certainly do worse than choose a M37 16bore!

Rooster

Back