How do I get a license

Gcollin

Hello, my name is Collin, I am 14 years old and I live along the front range. The Cottontail season opens October 1st, and I want to get a license so I can legally hunt. I went to wildlife.state.co.us but I could not figure out how to get a license. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!. Me and my buddy have high powered pellet guns that we are planning on using, so a gun license is not a problem!.

Last edited:
Collin,

Welcome you need to be careful what u post on line. That said you need to go to a sporting good place and buy a license, pick up regulations, buy stamps. I dont want to discourage you, but young man, what u said, you did, is pouching. It can get u in alot of hot water; major fines, lose of guns, and lose of hunting privileges. Get you license and play ball by the rules, and u can have fun hunting like the rest of us. I dont mean to lecture you but, you broke the law and game and fish, like the police, doenst play.:eek:

Good afternoon Collin first I would like to say welcome, second Jmac is correct you should be a little more cautious in your post as they could lead to you never being able to enjoy such a great sport. I have included the CO DOW website you may need to look into completing a hunter safety course they are very informational and make it possible for you to buy a hunting license once you have your hunter safety card you can go anywhere just about and get a small game license it sounds like a lot but honestly the course is anywhere from $10-Free and only takes one weekend. Good luck and post more questions if you need any further info hope this helps.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/HunterEducation/

Thanks for the heads up!. I know I should not have done what I did, I will try to be more mature and responsible in the future. I think my local recreational center does hunter safety classes, I will look into taking a class this weekend. I found on wildlife.state.co.us that youth under 18 can purchase an adult license, it was not very descriptive, so I will ask here. Do we (we being me and my friend) absolutely have to have a mentor with us?. If so how old does he need to be?.

Collin,

Good for you young man. I cant answer that Question of colorado, the Link Recon provided should answer that question. If not why not give them a call, and ask them all your question, and if they have any suggestion to help, you and your friend out. Best of luck, post back and let us now how thing work out.:)

Last edited:
Back