Hope!

Tfmdl

I know the pheasant hunting is suffering and things look bad, but theirs HOPE! Mother nature gave us a wet spring, a little heat this summer. I've heard there is no extreme haying on what's left of the crp like last year. (BONUS) Cover for the winter. Yay. Looked at corn prices today $4.69 a bushell. Yay Here in the state of O-H-I-O corn is 8ft and there's alot of it. Friends that farm in Nebraska say there corn is outstanding. ( nothing against farmers) but what if they break the bank in the corn market? I bet the pheasants would love $3.00 corn. Crp might slowly come out of hibernation. Yay !! Things are bad,:cheers:but I will still go to SD, and Nebraska, one bird is better than none. I just wanted to lighten up the mood on here. Just remember there's always HOPE!! Have a great season.

8ft corn?? Must be a depression in O-H-I-O!

Here in Central Indiana the corn is 12 feet tall. I know because I actually measured some that astounded me. Never seen anything like it.

The farmers I have talked to said the yields will be very good but not record breaking. The weather was just right for tremendous corn growth but not yields. Was too hot or too cold or too wet when it was tasseling or something.

The beans are more than waist high too.

Back