Holster

I have used a belt butt holster several times and found it to be quiet handy to rest one hand or to warm one while still able to mount the gun quickly. Not at all in the way when not in use.

Had a convo with someone I met the other day at the range. One thing led to another and here I am asking you...

Anyone use products designed to help hold their gun during upland hunts or is anything out there that allows you to be hands free while walking the fields? Not a regular sling...I cant see anyone using a sling on an O/U or SxS, haha. Something like this or something different? See link below

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/66785?page=shotgun-holster

I dont see myself using one and will just carry as usual, but I was curious about what others did and figured I would ask you guys as a conversation piece.
Went on eBay and they do make a holster that the buttstock of your shotgun is designed to fit into for carrying in the field. 254630603520 this is the eBay item number you can put into the search box and find a picture. The holster mounts to your belt and is about 30 bucks. I’ve seen a few guys over the years with a similar setup.

Went on eBay and they do make a holster that the buttstock of your shotgun is designed to fit into for carrying in the field. 254630603520 this is the eBay item number you can put into the search box and find a picture. The holster mounts to your belt and is about 30 bucks. I’ve seen a few guys over the years with a similar setup.
I have one of those. Must not have been too practical since I have not used it in years

I have one of those. Must not have been too practical since I have not used it in years
I’d guess it really depends on whether a person has issues carrying all day in the field. I’ve seen a few guys use em over the years but you may have a point.

Back