HOE-LEE-COW!

Bob Peters

I'm out here starting at a pair of teriyaki pineapple brats roasting on top of the hippy television. The campground is literally empty but me. Around sunset the roosters were very vocal as is common. What I didn't expect is the absolute ruckus I heard about 8:15. There were birds sounding off like I never heard in my life. It's like they were having a competition. Then while sitting on the picnic table I see in the blue light post- dusk two different roosters fly up and land in trees. And they continued to crow and cackle their heads off. I got some cell footage, I'll try to post next week if I got anything good. 15 miles from the SD line. Dang there's some birds out here.

Over the next up coming weeks, I will try to get my young granddaughters out to hear this. I just makes me happy to hear them in their crowing contests. Hope the kids enjoy it half as much as me!

I'm out here starting at a pair of teriyaki pineapple brats roasting on top of the hippy television. The campground is literally empty but me. Around sunset the roosters were very vocal as is common. What I didn't expect is the absolute ruckus I heard about 8:15. There were birds sounding off like I never heard in my life. It's like they were having a competition. Then while sitting on the picnic table I see in the blue light post- dusk two different roosters fly up and land in trees. And they continued to crow and cackle their heads off. I got some cell footage, I'll try to post next week if I got anything good. 15 miles from the SD line. Dang there's some birds out here.
hippy television?

yep Johnsonville brats are good

Last edited:
No I could never be that much of a blowhard day in and day out. I couldn't fish like him either, I don't need a guide, and I'd bring a lot more fish over the side of the boat.
He has gotten to be slightly more tolerable than he used to. If I'm not mistaken he had a stroke or a heart attack and then lost a lot of weight. I think that experience humbled him some. Too many johnsonvilles would be my guess.

I do like that his shows are new every week. I tune out during the ice fishing season. The majority of his fishing is in Wisconsin but he also goes to a few other nearby states too, including MN, which I can relate to.

I don’t even fish much anymore but used to watch him weekend mornings when I had cable. I’ll say this, he works hard, has a smile on his face, and has his kid involved. I don’t care for the outdoor shows that take themselves too seriously. I also enjoy Nicks wild ride. My wife can’t stand either of them haha.

Here's an unlisted link to the video of the pheasants going off. The image quality is grainy because this was past sunset and the camera sensor was struggling in the low light. Turn the volume up a little. I wish I had a shotgun mic out there, so many other birds were crowing in the distance that didn't come through on the video. I also had one on my left walking through the woods towards me. For a minute his caws were getting so loud I was waiting for him to walk right into camp!

Back