Hi from Prior Lake, MN

Brocster

Figured it was about time I actually register on the site versus just browsing! Avid bird hunter here from Scott County, MN. Hit the local WMA's and WPA's often, sneak away to other parts of MN whenever I can.

Lucky owner of a phenomenal black lab. He hunts, I just try to not miss!

I look forward to contributing.

Prost!

Welcome to the site. Be sure to share your stories and photos with the rest of us.

Hey Brocster, do you get out much around here or do you take road trips when you hunt. I have been considering going out on some of the management areas here around Belle Plaine and Jordan. As I am not from MN not sure where and when it is legal to take the dog out hunting or even w/o gun and just see what we can kick up.

Merlin, while the Pheasant season is now closed, you are welcome to use the Public areas (WMA & WPA) to run dogs until April 15th I believe. From April 15 to July 15th (I believe?) it is off limits and closed due to the nesting season.

Now if you know someone with private land this will not apply, but I tend to leave the birds be until at least late August as some late hatch birds may not be avid flyers yet.

Last edited:
Figured it was about time I actually register on the site versus just browsing! Avid bird hunter here from Scott County, MN. Hit the local WMA's and WPA's often, sneak away to other parts of MN whenever I can.

Lucky owner of a phenomenal black lab. He hunts, I just try to not miss!

I look forward to contributing.

Prost!

Hi, I'm new here as well. Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do, and glad to see a fellow lab owner.

Welcome to UPH. Glad to have you on the boards. There are some great people on this sight. The mods don't let thing get out of hand. So post away and enjoy.:thumbsup::cheers:

Back