Hi All brand new

sydandpaigesdad

Hi everyone I am from WV, Im an avid hunter,fisherman, and love the outdoors. The main reason I have joined this forum is my dad keeps saying he would like to go pheasant hunting one day and I figured might as well see if I can get as much info as I can and try to plan a trip. I guess the best route would be something along the lines of Iowa or such and as we have no experience a guided hunt would probably be in order. We turkey hunt often but I am sure our mossberg 835 pumps probably arent the firearm of choice for pheasants, any suggestions on entry level guns would be appreciated. Also if anyone has any recommendations on outfitters in Iowa they have had success with please let me know. Other than that its great to be here and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Welcome

Welcome, and good luck on your hunts!

Welcome! I hope you're ready for the addiction; pheasant hunting is where its at. Pretty soon, you'll be looking for a dog, and a better gun... As far as a gun goes; unless its specifically designed for turkeys, I would think your 835 would work just fine. I have a Remington 870 and it kills birds just as good as most other guns. I would love to get a semi-auto or over/under, but the wife doesn't think its tops on our priorities list. Oh well, some day. Be sure to get out an dshoot some trap so you can be somewhat prepared for that big rooster. Anyway, good luck, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Welcome....Make sure you start saving all works vacation for the hunting season...:thumbsup:

Back