Hey everyone!

Remington44

I am new to this website, it's nice to see other pheasant hunters out there. Im from Northern Illinois, Sandwich, IL to be exact. My dad grew up pheasant hunting areas around here his whole life. And took me out a few times as a kid. I have recently got back into hunting and have been looking for a few months to find a good pheasant spot. Which are very hard to come by unless I want to hunt at a state preserve. Can anyone help by giving me some advice to find private land? Or does anyone lease land and give me an estimate in prices. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Welcome to the site. :)

Finding private land to hunt is difficult in our area. If this is what you really want you just have to start knocking on a lot of doors. Your going to hear "no" more than you can take. You just have to keep up with it and you'll eventually hear the words "oh, I suppose".

Good luck;)

welcome aboard! Sorry, Im no help getting you on private land with birds. Start pounding on doors is the only way..

You're opposed to state land? I know its not ideal but I assure you your dog doesn't know the difference.

Head south!

It's going to take a little work but I would head to Ford and Iroquois Counties and start knocking doors. Get a plat map so you know who owns the land then get after it.

I hunted there yesterday btw. Ran one really lucrative ditch on the Ford Iroquois line that had close to 100 birds in it.

Back