Here Comes the Snow

Last day tomorrow to head out east to hunt. I'm looking forward to the prediction of cold temperatures, snow, and some wind, should be good. Not looking forward to driving in it but it should be worth the drive just to get out and hunt with my cousin on our annual final day hunt.

I talked to a coworker of mine who hunted this past Saturday in Phillips county and saw about 30 birds total in the WIA's. That gets the blood pumping for tomorrow.

Good luck to all that are heading out and be safe.

Go Broncos

hunt

If the snow comes and it makes it out east ;i'll also be hunting!!!!!!
009.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could make it. Eastern Colorado is supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow overnight. Be safe though. We tried to drive out in the snow last time a storm came through and the guy driving in front of us slid into the ditch, of course it didn't help his case that he was from California, but still. Good luck to you. :)

Edit:
And it looks like there's quite a bit of snow on the ground. (check this out: http://goyuma.com/camera/index.php) I really wish I could have gone.

Last edited:
I was there on Thursday and Friday...after the snow, the hunting was unbelievable...roosters everywhere, holding tight...just fantastic! Yuma got at least ten inches of fluffy powder...I was busting new tracks on many of the gravel roads...tough to stay out of the ditch but I managed.

Couldn't have been any better and NO competition! :eek:

Then...I woke up at the Nelson Inn and after breakfast, went out and did not see ANY birds...zero...

Moral to the story...Fresh snow does not improve hunting where the birds are absent...

:cheers:

toughshed, sorry to hear that you saw no birds, It was just the opposite for me and my cousin, we went out on Friday and ran into 8 inches of snow and found around 30 birds total for the day and just about all held tight giving the dogs some great last day points. it was a tough year but we worked hard and didn't give up and in the end it was another good year of Colorado pheasant hunting, 9 more months to go.

Back