Help Me

Jubilee

I'm searching for some new pups. I have a couple leads on Pointers, but what I am having trouble locating is a new lab. I haven't had much luck getting directions for what I'm looking for. It's going to be a female, and more than likely Chocolate, definitely not Black. She needs to be the big block style lab, not the "pointer" labs. Needs to be a pup, not someone's 1yr old that lost interest, I want a clean slate so to speak. I'm leaving a lot of other criteria out, but this could be a good start in finding what I am looking for. Going to need to be somewhat in driving distance as I will want to see the parents and what have you. I'm in S.E. Kansas.

Thanks

If your on Facebook, there is a group call "hunt test/field trial retreivers for sale. Lots of nicely bred litters show up on there.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/fo...te-Litter-FT-HT-Prospects-Roux-x-Tick-Progeny

This might be a litter you might like. Reasonably priced and nicely bred.

You may pass up some nice pups looking for a big blocky head. Good chocolate litters can be a little difficult to find but are certainly out there.

You might also look for a field trial washout.

Thanks for the link to that website, didn't know that one existed, I will for sure keep tabs on it and see if one comes across there that really interests me.
But no, not on Facebook, and have no immediate plans to be on it either.

As far as the why no black, no real good reason other than I just don't like black dogs.

I'm picky, probably too picky and probably passed on what would have been a some amazing dogs over the years over something as trivial as color. But I figure I'm the one that is going to be spending the money, time, and resources in said dog, I might as well start with one that fits my likes

Be eliminating black and wanting a big block head you have really cut your chances of finding a good dog. Those small 55 lbs females are going to hold up much better than a big blocky dog. If you are looking for a great pheasant dog, you will none better than Blackjack Kennels. Jeff has a nice litter of blacks and yellows right now that will be ready in a couple of weeks. Top notch facility.

https://www.facebook.com/blackjackkennels/

http://blackjackkennels.com/

Last edited:
I don't know anything about labs, just so you know before reading further.

Brother in law picked up this pup last year from a guy named Hinshaw(sp???) in Neodesha. The guy is a big duck hunter I believe. Not a breeder to make money, just a guy raising his own hunting dogs. Don't even know what he has at the moment, but know he is local to you.

Anyways, at 15 months he saved our bacon on more than a few downed birds this year. The one pictured he trailed for forty or fifty yards, rousted it out of the CRP and then retrieved the bird. Text book work.

Thanks for the link to that website, didn't know that one existed, I will for sure keep tabs on it and see if one comes across there that really interests me.
But no, not on Facebook, and have no immediate plans to be on it either.

As far as the why no black, no real good reason other than I just don't like black dogs.

I'm picky, probably too picky and probably passed on what would have been a some amazing dogs over the years over something as trivial as color. But I figure I'm the one that is going to be spending the money, time, and resources in said dog, I might as well start with one that fits my likes

Got it. Just wondered about the black thing. I agree with you that you should get what you want. I have put a deposit down on a pup that will be born in July and am very excited about it. It will be a black and yellow litter, but they will not be the big blocky labs you are looking for. Good luck in your search.

Lancins labs LLC has a very nice chocolate litter announcement posted on FB today. She has some very nice dogs and this is a nicely bred litter at a good price. Lancins labs LLC is the website. Not huge blocky heads but these will be nice pups and top performers! If I were looking for a pup I'd probably go get one of these!

Back