Hello,

Dewey

Well, I've been a member of this website since it started, but did not do a lot of posting here. Well that changed this week with the PC problems and now I'm seeing a lot more familiar names over here.

This year I've had to deal with some serious health issues, but I have been able to get some pheasant hunting in between my medical treatments. The good new is that the treatments have been effective and hopefully the Doc's can keep this in check now for a long time.

Anyway, I'll throw a few pictures at you from my last hunt on December 6th. This was sort of bittersweet hunt. My friend and I found the birds, but my lab, Ruby ruptured her hind CLL. (I'll tell you about that in a separate post.) Enjoy the pictures.

PheasantOpener2008035a.jpg

PheasantOpener2008038a.jpg

PheasantOpener2008039a.jpg

PheasantOpener2008036a.jpg

Last edited:
Dewey,

Nice pics and glad you were to enjoy some more hunting despite your dog getting hurt. I remember you posting something on PC about this a bit ago.

Hope all turns out well for both you and the pup.

Lefty

Glad to see many of the PC guys coming over here. I've always preferred this site but there were so many good guys over at PC. Two big differences here though: It's Spam-free and the site admin here (I still call him Webguy) is a stand-up guy.

I would hope we don't turn this in to a political debate between the J boys and the rest of the world. This site is about pheasants, not politicians.

It seems the J-brothers are here to stay....glad to see ya JMB.

I'm another PC guy that converted, looks like there's a bunch of us.

Last edited:
JMB, I appreciate the props bro. You still haven't taken me up on my invite to SD bro. You need to carve out some time in your busy schedule to hit the fields in SD. Anyhoo, hard to believe at PC.com they deleted ALL the posts. Unreal.

I remember when I was at the Argus Leader and they were talking about Pheasant Country. They actually stole all the ideas from a rival site and it was my idea to get a forum board going. Cool to see how big it got.. however, it's sad to see what happened. However it happened, I'm glad you guys ended up here.

Feel free to invite me to a Brewers game next year. I'll buy. CC's good as gone... just like Yost.

Ryan

Welcome

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear about you dog. Hope all turns out well, and glad to hear your health probs are better now. Hoping they stay that way.:cheers:

Forget as I get older

Nice pics too!

Another PC convert!

Good to see you guys over here. I also thought the content of forums was declining and the spam situation was the final straw.

We're hard at winter here in Wisconsin. Too cold and it keeps snowing. At least we have ice fishing and the dog doesn't mind running around out there with us, but he can be a pain, getting his feet tangled in tipup line while the guys are bringing in fish! I've taught him to "back off", but guys that don't know him well enough end up with a fish, and Major to fight!

It seems the J-brothers are here to stay....glad to see ya JMB.

I'm another PC guy that converted, looks like there's a bunch of us.

Good to hear from ya, pheasanthunter... (my dream-team buddy)! :D

Hey Webguy, thanks again for the invite to join you for a hunt in SD. I'll throw you a PM when I get a chance. I hope all the PC guys make it over here. That forum's become a sad joke - nothing but spam on every thread. I don't know why they don't just take that forum down if they're not going to maintain it.

Back