Hello

JohnMac29

Hey all,
I am new to the site and fairly new to pheasant hunting, just wanted to stop by and say hello to my fellow PA Outdoorsmen! I look forward to picking a lot of your brains and sharing stories!

Welcome to the forum john:). I think you find the PA forum one of optimism and hope for wild pheasant propagation and upland habitat improvements in PA;)

Enjoy!

Nick

Welcome to the site John, I think you're going to enjoy it here. The Moderators do a great job of keeping everything on track. No one will judge you here on the your style of hunting whether it be with or without a dog or if you use an expensive shotgun or Grandpa's old single shot, we all have the same passion, chasing Ringnecks, wild or released! Enjoy the site and post often.

Thanks everyone! I read through a lot of your older posts and i can tell there is a lot on knowledge here. I look forward to conversating with you all.

I have been hunting deer since the good Commonwealth allowed me to. I started hunting goose and duck three years ago and got into pheasant two years ago. I have a good friend Chris who owns two labradors between the three of them no bird leaves unscathed or unretrieved within the two mile circumfrance around them lol. I am planning on buying a bird dog (labrador) this fall or next spring and getting her ready for the following year.

I will post a couple pics so far of hunts I've gone on. I am new to the game and to be honest, I am completely and utterly addicted to pheasant hunting. I swear it is becuase the first time I cleaned my days catch a darn cockbird's claw ripped open my hand. Ever since then I've literally had pheasant pumping through my blood!

Welcome! We are about to enter to rough part of the year, waiting for the season that seems so far off. Keep coming back and share some stories this fall.

I'll have to download photobucket and get some pics from previous hunts up here. Looking forward to this season!

Welcome to the site! This has become the only site I bother with now. A lot of great guys here and at the other state forums.
Where do you do most of your hunting? Do you own any land?

This site has proven an awesome tool already, I can't wait for season to kick off and see how everyone does!
I am in Chester and Delaware county. I don't own any huntable land. I primarily hunt pheasant off public land which gets pretty regularly stocked and also a pheasant hunting club in Montgomery County. I don't care for the idea of 'pay to play' but in my neck of the woods that's one of the only good options for action. It's worth it to see the dogs in action.

Unfortunatly she's not my bird dog but a friend of mines. This was our last of the 14-15 season. 3 hunters and a darn good dog cleared a field in 50 minutes at powderbourne.

Nothing like working behind a good dog! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

She's a good dog. Retrieves canadain geese, duck and pheasant about 5 days a week from start to finish of the season, so she has had a lot of practice. Every now and then will point if the bird is hiding in a larger thicket but mainly will flush once hunters are ready. I am hoping to get one of her sisters this coming winter and have her ready by next season.

:thumbsup:thanks guys. I want to reiterate that this was a fun pay to shoot outting to practice my skills and let the dogs get a good running and day out. Hence the 9 cockbirds. It was at Powderbourne Sportsmen Club in Montgomery County.

Back