Hello from Oregon

TMac

Hi everyone,
My name is Terry. I am a lifelong sportsman and hunter. Next year marks 50 years of hunting for me! I run labs and had my own line for 30 years. I've hunted WA, OR, MT, SD and PA for pheasants. The wife and are both retired now, so we're looking forward to spending more time in the field with our Fox Red Lab.

Cheers,

TMac

Hello Tmac, glad to have you? Where abouts are you in Oregon? I hunt some birds that may cross the border from time to time.:cheers:

I'm up near Portland. But I go on an annual varmint hunt around KFalls.

Where do you hang your hat?

I'm in Madera California which is right in the center of the state but make a pilgrimage way up north to hunt pheasants every year. I'm sure you could find some better hunting in the east side but quite a few Oregon residents in the KFalls area but a CA license to hunt down there.

welcome, not a lot of traffic here on the left coast but good to have you on board. I am just up in Washington on the east side of the state...the good side....and hope to see some reports from your area. Do you go to eastern Oregon for your hunts. I shot some roosters years ago near Hood River when I built a house down there, but not really hunted your state much.

Another welcome from a neighbor in SE WA. Enjoy both retirement AND the forum!

I was born and raised in Eastern WA......Yakima to be exact, back in the days when it was the pheasant capital of the state.

I just got home from a quick trip to eastern Or. Lots of birds! My buddy and our 2 labs put up 65+ pheasant and over 130 quail on public land.
No where her as good as MT or SD is this year but lots closer.

Sounds like pretty good bird numbers to me. Please share some pics and a storey or two of you can, we love that around here.:cheers:

Wow! I may have to consider an Oregon license next year. Great report!

Wow! I may have to consider an Oregon license next year. Great report!
X2. I heard good things from a friend in Milton/freewater,,,might have to head down there. have you heard how bird numbers are around the Dayton area?

Tmac....I'm in Eburg, which also back in the days when there was corn and cows there was a bunch of birds. now it's too much timothy hay for the Chinese market so fields are that and no feed to speak of. the quail are BOOMING though.

have you heard how bird numbers are around the Dayton area?

The pup & I went down there once this year, CR. Typically, it's good for a few birds, but we found 2 hens & fewer places to hunt. So far, the season around my usual haunts has been somewhat deplorable (moreso than usual, lol - this state gets worse every year.). We'll go out around here one more time today, then we might have to investigate going north.

I was born and raised in Eastern WA......Yakima to be exact, back in the days when it was the pheasant capital of the state.

I just got home from a quick trip to eastern Or. Lots of birds! My buddy and our 2 labs put up 65+ pheasant and over 130 quail on public land.
No where her as good as MT or SD is this year but lots closer.
Hi Tmac….i came across your comments about Oregon. I’ve been trying to find public places to chase pheasants and I have really hit a wall to find them in Oregon. I picked up pup about 7 months ago and can’t wait to get him on pheasants. I volunteer with my sons Boyscout Troop and I have gotten some of the scouts interested in hunting. I can‘t imagine a better way to get them excited then upland bird hunting pheasants. These birds got me hooked when I was young being my dad’s hunting buddy. I’m hoping to pass the enthusiasm on. I’m not asking for your hunting spot, but would you be willing to give me some pointers on where I could begin my search for some public grounds? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back