Hello from NE Illinois

Sean O

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I haven't been pheasant hunting (or any other hunting) in about five years now so I am very much looking forward to starting up again. I have a permit for Silver Springs tomorrow so wish me luck!

welcome back to the insanity Sean! I havent been to SS in a long time. Spend a few days at Chain o Lakes because its right down the road.

Have dog?

No dog unfortunately. He passed on a few years ago. I'm just going to kick around the bushes and high grass I think.

Welcome!

When I used to hunt IL, I used to love finding guys without dogs to hunt with over my pup. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will have a dog that needs the bird work.

My condolences on loss of your field companion. Where you at in n e ill? If silver springs has the same program as the chain, uplandhunter is right... wear safety glasses and an orange hard hat. You may find some solitude(as well as more birds) from the masses by working the cattails. Wish you the best

I'm at the west end of DuPage county. Silver Springs is probably the closest public hunting area close to me. I used to have access to private land, but that is no longer an option. I hope to see some of you out there sometime!

I'm at the west end of DuPage county. Silver Springs is probably the closest public hunting area close to me. I used to have access to private land, but that is no longer an option. I hope to see some of you out there sometime!

Sean, how did you do out there at Silver Springs the other day?

Nick

Back