Hello from Camden Maine!

gaucho9

Transplanted doc from Argentina. After 30 years in Kalifornia, happily retired in Maine.

As Paladin said: "Have Gun (shotgun), will travel"...

Going to Edmond, OK after Thanksgiving.

Would like to know if there are any places to hunt for upland birds close to this city.

Thanks a lot.

Gaucho9

Welcome to UPH! What part of Ca did you live? Sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay but it is a beautiful state. Enjoy the site and share some pictures and stories any time.:cheers:

California

Ca is a great state. I gave me my wife, kids and work. Orange Co. was where I lived. As the years went by, gun restrictions and lack of places to shoot plus the rules and regs took a toll. And the difficulties to hunt are many

Freeways, lack of civility and smog are other negative aspects.

When the time of retiring came (in my case I opted to do it at 60), AND WITH THE INCOME REDUCED BY 50%, Maine offered the best option for us. Very few crazies, gun laws are uphold and every body hunts and fish if they want.

Ah yes, Orange county. I uderstand now.:D Happy retirement.:cheers:

Welcome to UPH.
Edmond, Oklahoma a northern suburb of Oklahoma City had good rains along with the bad weather last spring and summer. The timely rain produced a fair to good quail hatch throughout central Oklahoma.
Just ten to twenty miles north of Edmond is the start of the southward expanding Oklahoma pheasant range. The good rains should have also produced a fair to good pheasant hatch.
You will only be 60 to 70 miles from the Kansas border in Edmond, OK.

Back