Hello From Arkansas!

dhuggins

New member here from Russellville, Arkansas. I have always duck hunted in south Arkansas but my male Sully that I rescued several years ago essentially got me into bird hunting by tracking pointing a duck I drug and hid in the bushes. I was awe-struck by the point and have pursued it ever since. That was literally a life changing moment for me as upland hunting is not something we have privilege to here in South Arkansas nor did I grow up around it. I am still learning proper bird dog handling and "field etiquette", but I believe we are ready for our first public land trip this year. I have 3 dogs but only 2 hunt.
Sully- male solid liver GSP rescue, hunter
Kay- female white liver patched and ticked GSP, hunter
Heidi- female Weim rescue lap dog
We are ready to go to SD Oct 21st! Anyone else here from Arkansas?

Attachments

• BD4C36D0-28E3-4C60-A301-B75DFCB44030.jpg
    BD4C36D0-28E3-4C60-A301-B75DFCB44030.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 8
Welcome aboard. There are some others from Arkansas. I am from OH. Can’t wait to hear details about your SD trip! We leave November 1.

Welcome to The forum. I'm from Alma, I'll be heading up the 23rd. I hope you have as much fun in South Dakota as I do. As Matt said, keep us posted.

Thank you all for the welcome! I will certainly reply with a bird report. 5 stand what area are you going to?

Welcome from Wisconsin, my wife is from Arkansas but we've never been back there. Enjoy your trip to South Dakota I'm headed out there on the 15th and most likely again the last week of December. Have two pointing labs and looking forward to another trip out there.

I live in Searcy so just east of you. I hunt SD and ND quite a bit so PM me and I can give you some tips. You are going to be there pretty early in the season so expect some competition especially if you hunt the weekends.

Thank you all for the welcome! I will certainly reply with a bird report. 5 stand what area are you going to?
Sorry, somehow I overlooked this.
I hunt East River.lol
I'll private message you.

If you have not read this thread, do so. There's some good info in there.

Howdy and Welcome. I’m in NWA, specifically in Rogers. We have a couple of nice preserve hunts I think about an hour and a half from here. Reach out if you want to come up and hunt them. I’ve got a new pup to hunt and will hit one of these places soon.

Back