Heading to Yuma County in the am!

Hunter1971

I'll be out in Yuma County first thing in the morning, if anyone wants to join me let me know???? If your already out there and see a 2011 Blue Toyota 4Runner and a bigger guy with an awesome Tri-Colored English Setter then stop by, say hi, and let's compare notes!
Maybe no snow, but at least it will be cold and windy? It's a start!!:thumbsup:

Good luck. Unfortunately, I am sick as a dog, so we will not head out tomorrow. Please post pictures.

We were out there yesterday. The wind was blowing pretty hard and it made the birds spooky. Hopefully you get a little moisture, it was extremely dry and hard for the dogs to smell the birds. We managed to bag three. My little lab is starting to figure out what she is supposed to do. It is cool watching them figure out the scent trail of a late season running rooster!

Nice! :cheers:

:10sign:

We were out there yesterday. The wind was blowing pretty hard and it made the birds spooky. Hopefully you get a little moisture, it was extremely dry and hard for the dogs to smell the birds. We managed to bag three. My little lab is starting to figure out what she is supposed to do. It is cool watching them figure out the scent trail of a late season running rooster!

You guys rock! ...we are not worthy!:D

Yep, the wind was blowing good, and the birds were blowing out and flying even better. They were jumping up way out of range, and running just as fast as their legs could take them. My setter, Andy pointed and held one rooster right off the bat. But I blew it. I think I was tasting the pheasant noodle soup I was going to make with him!! :laugh: No the truth is I wore my light gloves and my frozen trigger finger and gun safety didn't cooperate fast enough. :eek: Not a shot was fired! :eek: Heavy gloves were put on right after that for sure!! :thumbsup:
It's just so dry out there! it's really tough on Andy to keep the scent. We seen plenty of birds, but I really don't think I'm going back out after'em until we get some real snow on the ground and not just the stuff that the weather man predicts!! :rolleyes:

Anyway congrats to Bigj..... Way to pull them down.:cheers:

Back