heading out tomorrow

Remtech

Im heading out tomorrow I wonder how the crowd s will be and I wonder if the dnr has restocked yet.

Remtech

The crowd was slim to none today. Didn't see any birds either. Restock will be tomorrow evening.

What time are you heading out? I can go for a few hours in the afternoon and wouldn't mind heading out. I could leave around 12:30PM and would have to head home by 4PM.

Planning on Thursday afternoon for me. Curious how you know when they restock? Just experience? I've never seen anything published.

With restocking does it keep the pressure on every week of season? How many birds are put in an area and how often?
Where I'm at after the first week you don't see but a few people the rest of the season.

Would be sweet to know the field will be full of birds after you've shot a bunch that week before.

With restocking does it keep the pressure on every week of season? How many birds are put in an area and how often?
Where I'm at after the first week you don't see but a few people the rest of the season.

Would be sweet to know the field will be full of birds after you've shot a bunch that week before.

I try to hunt the less populated places that the DNR doesn't as heavily stock. Most folks hit the places where they put out a ton of birds. I find I stay away from people that away, and like it. You can find the total estimate of birds to be put out on the DNR page. My experience tells me that they stock week to week, sometimes once, sometimes twice. Sometimes properties get them later in the season, etc.

Today at work ran long so it looks like I get to miss hunting today. I can hunt from noon to 4 tomorrow (I only have 2 appt's on the calendar). If anyone is interested in partnering up, please PM me and we can talk about where to head.
One of my clients is letting me take her Yellow lab so I will have my GSP pup (5.5 months old) and a Yellow Lab pup (7 months old).

Actually we were all wrong on the place I've been hunting. Ran into a group of 3 and they said the DNR stocked Monday night. On Tuesday morning they had 6 birds in 20 minutes.

Went out today and picked up 1 Rooster that I flushed and my dog found his first bird unassisted, it was a woodcock, but it finally happened.

Back