Headin' to ND from MI

dvmweb

We're heading to western ND in the AM from northern MI. 4th trip for me. Great time. Great hunting. Great people in ND.

I'll report.

Walt MI/USA

Back from ND

We just got back. :10sign:

Birds seem to be down a bit. 25%?

Been going to the same area for 4 years. Each year it is better and better. We have become acquainted with several people in the area. We take small gifts to pass out. Folks really appreciate it. Hunt same areas and new areas. Mostly private.

Several people from Michigan working out there int the oil/gas fields. That's another story.

We take our music, several of us play and sing, and perform in a local bar. Great fun and residents love it. Has helped to make friends and hunting contacts.

Hunted pretty hard for 5 days. Wore the dogs out. Start 3 young dogs on pheasants. The began to get it. Way cool and lots of fun. Had a few big flushes, 40 plus of birds. Got quite a few, missed quite a few. Had 3 new guys go. They couldn't believe it. We had a blast.

Lost my damn camera, so no pics from me. But, my friend will get me a cd with pics so I can download some.

Went to the North Unit of the badlands and saw a large Bighorn Ram. Whoa baby! Lots of mule deer too.

Later,

Walt MI/USA

Hey, thanks Walt for the report. Sounds like a blast! Looking forward to seeing the pics when you get them.:10sign:

Back from ND

Just got back from SW ND and where we hunted in the past and saw hundreds of birds/day, we saw maybe 20% of that. One day we saw 20 birds total on the private land we hunt and have hunted. There were others who saw a great number of birds. Each day we limited out (4), but had to work awfully hard and late into the day to get those 12 birds. Nonetheless, it's better than work. Good luck!

Back