Headed Home with Happy tired dogs

So we answered the call of fall and loaded up and made the drive out to Iowa following the reports of more birds on the ground. We spent four days hunting public areas in Sac and Bunea Vista and surrounds raising 12-20 birds a day. We have tired happy dogs who need hunting partners with better aim. It was awesome to hint and see lots of birds and spend some time in the fields. Well worth the 2600 miles of travel to see the rise and cackle of the roosters as they took off. Hoping for a gentle winter and good spring and we plan to be back next uear:thumbsup:

Happy to hear you and your dogs had a great time! Where do you live? Hopefully we continue to have mild winters and dry springs so the bird populations continue to rise.

2600 miles thats poke, where are your from? Glad to hear you had a good time!

Beaufort NC which is about as far east as you can get from Iowa on the NC coast. I'm hoping for several more dry springs and mild winters as hunting in Iowa is a blast without the crowds of other areas. We were raising 12-20 birds a day and having a blast. lots of hens so with favorable wetaher next year should be a blast. I'm already planning for the trip.....gonna have to live vicariously through you guys until then........

Only down part of the trip was the skunk on the first day...just got the last of the smell out of the beeper collars that was far harder than the dogs to get clean....many thanks to the folks who posted the formula on another thread here.....kinda funny my dogs don't care for cats and apparently rocky thought the skunk was a cat and grabbed it and swung it around when it arched its back....the other dog got the worst end of the deal but happily was a few yards away:)

Back