Have to give them more instructions😉

Weimdogman

Our navhda/akc group trains most Saturdays at our club's grounds. Email comes out midweek with particulars and requests for who wants to what with what birds. A volunteer picks up birds, from the club, and brings them. Problem is S.Dak. is pheasant country one week a volunteer brought all Chuckars when all were supposed to be quail.
The next week another volunteer brought 18 chuckars and 8 quail as they didn't know which were which. Quail are $8 , $14 for chuckars so it is a small problem.

I told the training host ,perhaps our chuckars identify as quail.😀

I train at grounds where a NAVDA chapter has their Sat/Sun meet up training days almost every weekend. Way too much liberated bird work. Dogs are mechanical and obedient, but when the training grounds wild release pheasants they all struggle. They’re not needed beyond early breaking and forced retrieve.

I train at grounds where a NAVDA chapter has their Sat/Sun meet up training days almost every weekend. Way too much liberated bird work. Dogs are mechanical and obedient, but when the training grounds wild release pheasants they all struggle. They’re not needed beyond early breaking and forced retrieve.
Wish you would explain this a little better. Pheasants are usually used only for the tracking portion on the na test.

What is not needed and for what purpose ?

Back