Happy New Year!

sid

Happy New Year to all members. Hopefully your season so far has been rewarding. For myself it has been bitter sweet, it started out great with my 13yr old lab taking home at least one bird every trip. Two weeks ago we went out just the two of us and something didn't seem right. His sprit was willing but his body wasn't up to the task. We were able to drop two roosters in the morning and decided that was enough. On the way home Pepper jumped into the back of the quad cab to take a little nap, something he had never done. When we finally got home and I opened up the door to let him out I realized that he had passed on. For all you bird hunters out there you know how it is to loose a best friend, someone that always greets you at the door and never complains. Over the past few weeks I do think about him often and know that his last day with me was something that we both loved to do and one that I will never forget. There is still 31 days left this year and plenty of birds to go around. For me I will be hanging it up for the season. Good luck to everyone that will finish out the season.

In memory of Pepper.

Sorry for your loss. At least he went the way everybody would with one last hunt with your best friend,

Tough loss man.
I just put my almost 13 year old lab down a couple of days ago.
2011 can kiss my "where the sun dont shine"
It sucked, good riddance.
Hope 2012 is better.....

It is difficult to lose your best friend,time and another dog will ease the pain. It is, at least to me comforting that we spend time with them at what they love to do, run and hunt. As earlier stated it is the way we want all of our dogs to go, doing what they love and are meant to do.

Be thankful he was still able to do what he loved up until his last minute and you didn't have to put him down. I lost my 13.5 yr old lab last summer on a camping trip no less. He also did some strange things before we left and when we got to our destination he was gone. Had to drive all the way back home to bury him. I was just glad I didn't have to put him down as really tough to do from prior experience. Sorry about your loss, sounds like you gave him a good life and that is all they can ask for.

dogs

Sorry for your lost! Its alway tough to loose your best friend and probably your best hunting dog ever.
I lost my two labs a couple of years ago 23 days apart! Time and a new dog will heal those feelings. I'm now training a 8 mo pointing lab who I'm hoping will be as good as the last two.:)

Brought a tear to my eye. Sounds like an amazing dog.

I will think of Pepper when I hit the field later this month.

Very well said.

It is difficult to lose your best friend,time and another dog will ease the pain. It is, at least to me comforting that we spend time with them at what they love to do, run and hunt. As earlier stated it is the way we want all of our dogs to go, doing what they love and are meant to do.

Back