Habitat stamp?

BPhillips

How would everbody feel about paying $10 for a habitat stamp every year to go to paying farmers to leave a 30' to 50' strip of cover around the edges of fields much like the CP33 bill does now?

How would everbody feel about paying $10 for a habitat stamp every year to go to paying farmers to leave a 30' to 50' strip of cover around the edges of fields much like the CP33 bill does now?

anything that helps the habitat for are birds I'm all for..

I'd happily pay the extra expense for additional habitat. Is there a bill in consideration or is this just a question for conversation?

That would be fine as long as they allowed permission to hunt.

I think the habitat stamp's a good idea and would benefit birds in areas with an existing bird population. I don't believe the fenceline cover would help establish birds in areas where the bird population's declined or all but disappeared. I think the habitat funds would be better utilized in those areas to re-establish CRP.

Actually it was a question for conversation, but does anyone know how we could possibly get this ball rolling? Could we propose it to QU or Pheasansts forever and possibly start a letter writing campaign to congress or the senate? Right now the state of Missouri has 1/8 of one cent tax on all fishing and hunting gear that supports the conservation dept. I dont' see any reason this can't be done, it just needs the right people and or organization behind it. Anybody got any ideas about where to start?

Actually it was a question for conversation, but does anyone know how we could possibly get this ball rolling? Could we propose it to QU or Pheasansts forever and possibly start a letter writing campaign to congress or the senate? Right now the state of Missouri has 1/8 of one cent tax on all fishing and hunting gear that supports the conservation dept. I dont' see any reason this can't be done, it just needs the right people and or organization behind it. Anybody got any ideas about where to start?

Join your local Chapter of Pheasant forever would be your first step I believe. There already doing things like this.. And the more people the more power..POWER TO THE PEOPLE..:)

Back