Gun laws

Phil V.

How do the gun laws apply to out of state residents that travel through your state without a foid license? It's because I'm planning to go through your state next year to go pheasant hunting and possibly some other type of hunting as well. It will be a shotgun that I will have with me....Phil

How do the gun laws apply to out of state residents that travel through your state without a foid license? It's because I'm planning to go through your state next year to go pheasant hunting and possibly some other type of hunting as well. It will be a shotgun that I will have with me....Phil

Ahhhh......yes. Illinois wonderful FOID (firearms owners i.d.) card gun law!

Phil V, because your are not a Illinois resident you don't need a FOID card. You can come down and hunt without one.

The FOID card law is in place to punish Illinois residents only.:D You're good to go my friend.;)

Last edited:
Thanks to you I had read about this on another site and could not get answers out of anybody:( That is why I posted here.It's because I was not sure on how it worked.

No problem Phil V.

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case; Illinois still does not allow right to conceal/carry.

Your Indiana permit to conceal/carry does not apply in Illinois. ;)

Good luck hunting.:cheers:

Last edited:
I had not thought of that,thanks for reminding me. When I first heard of this law I thought about how hard it's going to be for the hunters and law abiding citizens in your state.

Back