Guide/Outfitter Recommendations

uplandbuff

I am looking to set up a guided upland hunt for my fathers 60th birthday in early November and wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations or insight into good guides/outfitters. We are idealy looking to hunt wild birds, both pheasants and bobwhites if possible. Any waterfowl nearby would be a bonus as well.
If anyone has any insight or recommendations I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Highly recommend Jason Johnson Upland Inn hunts, wild birds and well worth the $$, you won't be disappointed....we went last year for the first time and we are going back this year. I have hunted wild pheasants in Kansas since 1996. Last year was the first year that I actually paid $$ for a "guided" wild pheasant hunt and considering all the $$$ I spent driving from field to field, the lodging, the food, etc. I figure if I have to spend a little more, limit out each day, don't have to clean my birds, don't have to figure out where to eat, what to eat for lunch or breakfast, etc. then hell it is well worth it.

http://www.uplandinnhunts.com/

Greg

Last edited:
Highly recommend Jason Johnson Upland Inn hunts, wild birds and well worth the $$, you won't be disappointed....we went last year for the first time and we are going back this year. I have hunted wild pheasants in Kansas since 1996. Last year was the first year that I actually paid $$ for a "guided" wild pheasant hunt and considering all the $$$ I spent driving from field to field, the lodging, the food, etc. I figure if I have to spend a little more, limit out each day, don't have to clean my birds, don't have to figure out where to eat, what to eat for lunch or breakfast, etc. then hell it is well worth it.

http://www.uplandinnhunts.com/

Greg

r u sure some of these birds weren't pen raised?

r u sure some of these birds weren't pen raised?

I can't say for a fact that some were not, but the birds flew good. I've only been to Outdoor Obsessions once. It was more because my son who was in college at the time had some buddies that were going with their dads and we got invited. I prefer just to go out on my own, but it was a fun trip. The accommodations were great and the owners were very friendly and took good care of us. If I were going to pay to hunt again, I would not hesitate to go back there.

Besides owning Upland Inn Hunts, Jason also owns the Surrogator company. While I have not hunted there, I have talked to him several times, and he assured me there are no pen raised birds released on his properties. All birds are surrogated as chicks in the off season. No controlled shooting season offered. Regular KS bird season and limits apply.

Outdoor Obsessions also doesn't offer controlled shooting and follows season and limit regulations.

Back